Create a new sheet from template when ...

Greg_S
Greg_S ✭✭
edited 07/03/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi

I tried to find my answer but i am not sure i am asking right question. I am also not sure if this would be right place to post but again, not quite sure where to post it.

I wonder if it would be possible to create a new sheet from template based on a filed entered in another sheet.

For example; i have a my project list with all my projects and when new project is added i would like to create a project specific sheet from a template that is already created, to automate the process.

would this be possible? i think i know the answer to my question but just wanted to be sure.

thank you in advance,

Greg

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Greg_S

I hope you're well and safe!

That sounds like it's the perfect use case for the Premium Add-on, Control Center.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Greg_S
    Greg_S ✭✭

Good morning Andrée

Thank you for your reply. at the moment i am only a Pro user , I would assume that the option you mention would be something that a Business license would allow me to do. is this an option that comes with SM or this is something that has to be custom build?

have a wonderful day,

regards,

Greg

• Hi @Greg_S

You're correct, on the Pro Plan there currently isn't a way to automatically create a sheet from a template based on filtered criteria in a different sheet.

What I would personally do is set up an Alert when that new row is added. Then you will need to manually create the new sheet, but the Alert can make sure it's on your task list to do.

You may also want to check out the PMO template to see how you could link up multiple project to an intake sheet. Here's the link to it in the Solution Center (template center) in the App.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now