Monthly Initiative Tacker & Linking Cross-Functional Support Plans

Options
dsmitts.jay
dsmitts.jay ✭✭✭
edited 07/10/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I have created a Monthly Initiative Tracker Sheet that captures the initiatives our organization launches each month. These initiatives are supported by cross-functional teams like Communications, Social Media, Training... Each one of these teams have there own sheets for items (launch emails, Social Posts, Training Calls) that support Monthly Initiatives. On these sheets I have created a Monthly Initiative Dropdown that gets updated to show all active initiatives.

When the teams add items/rows (Emails, SMS, Calls) to their sheets they also choose from the Monthly Initiative Dropdown for initiatives that item/row is supporting. This is a Multi-select dropdown by the way. So a row may look like this --> Item Name, Item Type, Monthly Initiative.

My challenge: We are using Calendar App to show the organization what Monthly Initiatives we are doing and how they are being supported by the other cross-functional teams.

The Problem: The calendar app is pulling in all of these cross-functional sheets, grouped by monthly initiative and then department, which is working great, but... For rows in the cross-functional sheets that choose more than one option in the dropdown its grouping the monthly initiatives into a single row like this:

Monthly Initiative #1

Communications

Item #1

Item #2

Item #3

Social

Item #1

Item #2

Item #3

Monthly Initiative #1, Monthly Initiative #2, Monthly Initiative #3

Communications

Item #1

Item #2

Item #3

Social

Item #1

Item #2

Item #3

How can I get rows that contain multiple selections from the Monthly Initiative Dropdown to their own row?

I hope this makes sense.

Answers