I have created a sheet with two forms, i need the information in the first form to be populated into

I have created a work sheet with 2 forms, i need the information from the first sheet to be populated into the second sheet

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nadege ,

Hope you are doing well. Are you trying to copy the information you have in one form in one sheet to another sheet? You can try one of the following -

• In the row menu, choose Copy to Another Sheet. In the Copy to Another Sheet dialog, select your destination sheet. Cell data from a row (or multiple rows) from the source sheet will be copied into a new row (or rows) at the bottom of the destination sheet.
    • Create a new workflow, and set up the workflow triggers and conditions. In the Select an action box, select Move rows or Copy rows. Under Move rows or Copy rows, choose Select a sheet. In the Select a sheet dialog, choose your destination sheet, and then select OK.
    • Build the formula in the cell where you want the data to appear. For example, type =COUNT. In the help card, click Reference Another Sheet. Search for the sheet where the data exists. In the search results, select the source sheet.

Let me know if one of these help.

Best,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Nadege
    Nadege ✭✭

@Ipshita

Thank you for your kind response,

No i have created an incident and investigation sheet, where i needed the information from the incident report form to populate in the investigation form. I think i have worked around it in another way using the conditional formatting. :)

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nadege

Maybe consider using the update request feature for the investigation part of the process. An incident is submitted, someone gets an update request (which looks similar to a form) and can contain information from previous submission. If you've used these automations before it's pretty straight forward. If not, reach back out for more information.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner