Google Map or other map program

Jon Barto
Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know a way to be able to show address points on a map with certain filter or layer abilities

Say we have a sheet or report that has the following columns. Job Name, Address, Project manager, Phase

We would like to be able to show points on a map that can be say different colors based on the project manager or phase.

Then when a new job is added to the sheet or report it updates the map.

That way we can see current job locations and easily see what project manager has what job and the location

Is this possible.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jon Barto

You should check out Mapsly. https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/apps/mapsly-interactive-map-smartsheet

If that's not what you're looking for, BatchGeo produces great maps for free but its not connected. It's superfast though. Google Maps can also create good maps for embedding on Dashboards, again not connected though.

I will also add that with BatchGeo I would take a snip of the Map and insert it onto a Dashboard with the widget behavior linking to the BatchGeo map. Or you can embed a Google Map with similiar functionality but I found that I couldn't really pick exactly how I wanted it to look on the Dashboard...but I could zoom in and out on the map on the Dashboard without having to click into the map itself. Both of those options require manually updating the map when the data changes though.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner