Report to google sheet

Jon Barto
Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a way to update a google sheet from a report. And when the report changes, say new data or data is changed in report it would then auto update a google sheet.

Answers

• Jon Barto
    Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭

Or is there a way for a report in smartsheet to go into another sheet (in smartsheet)

And if that report updated it could update the sheet.

I need to pull data from report into a sheet because the map program I am looking at using only links to sheets and not reports

• Hi @Jon Barto

You can import Google Sheets into Smartsheet as a one-off import, or if you have access to Data Shuttle you could connect a Google Sheet with a specific Smartsheet to sync your rows, see: About Data Shuttle

If you don't have access to Data Shuttle you could look into third party applications (such as Zapier).

I will note that all of these have to do with syncing a sheet with a Google Sheet. A Report is essentially just a window into another sheet, so it cannot be connected in this way. It displays what's stored in the underlying sheet(s).

If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to understand more about your process and why you're looking specifically for a Report versus a Sheet.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• @Jon Barto If you're looking to update a report and have those changes feed back into a sheet:

A) to @Genevieve P. 's point a report is just a view of a sheet (or multiple sheets) so changes to the report would intrinsically change the sheet with the underlying data

B) if that doesn't solve your problem because you need the report to be updating a different sheet, you might look into DataMesh, which can do that

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet