Sheet picker does not show any results for copy/move row automation set up

Selvalaxmi Mudaliar
edited 07/14/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Team, I am not able to see any results when I try to search the destination sheet using sheet picker for copy/move row automation set up. I have raised it to smartsheet support but they are giving links to usual set up. Can somebody please help me with this?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Selvalaxmi Mudaliar

Can I double check that after searching for the sheet name you're hitting Enter? If you are, here are a few things to check:

• Can you test copy/pasting the full sheet name into the search bar to see if it comes up?
    • If it's been a while since you last logged in to Smartsheet, the Search may take some time to return results, I would suggest waiting 24 hours for it to index properly.

If you still can't see any results after 24 hours, please contact Support again with the two Sheet URLs and screen captures; you'll be able to provide them with sensitive information through that private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/14/23

Hey @Selvalaxmi Mudaliar ,

Can you share some screenshots please?

Maybe of the sheet picker as well as the sheet you cant find.

Do you have the right level of sharing with the sheet you are looking for?

Who can use this capability?

The sheet Owner and Admins on both the source and destination sheets can create an automated move or copy rows action. A license is required.

So if you are an editor on the sheet you are trying to find you will not see it, could that be the problem?

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• Selvalaxmi Mudaliar
    edited 07/14/23

Hi Itai, Due to company policy, not able to upload the screenshot. I have checked the access. I am the owner of both source and destination sheets/workspaces. I am unable to find any sheet in the picker for that matter. I tried using key words as well as full sheet name.

just to give further clarity. It remains the way it is when you click on select sheet and a window opens for picking the sheet. In my case, the screen remains the same even if I write key words for searching. The issue is not related to sheet unavailability. It is just that sheet picker itself is not running to display results.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Selvalaxmi Mudaliar

Can I double check that after searching for the sheet name you're hitting Enter? If you are, here are a few things to check:

• Can you test copy/pasting the full sheet name into the search bar to see if it comes up?
    • If it's been a while since you last logged in to Smartsheet, the Search may take some time to return results, I would suggest waiting 24 hours for it to index properly.

If you still can't see any results after 24 hours, please contact Support again with the two Sheet URLs and screen captures; you'll be able to provide them with sensitive information through that private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• thanks a lot @Genevieve P. I was not hitting enter!! this created the issue. Thank you for reiterating this..