How can I see who responded to my approval request, as in who hit the "Approve" or "Decline" button?

We use Smartsheet at my company to track customer approvals, however the way we have it setup, the approval request gets sent to a Customer Service Representative who then forwards it to the Customer. We want to make sure the Customer is the one who is approving or declining the request and not the Customer Service Representative, is there any way to tell who was the one that clicked the approve or decline button?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would need to have it sent directly to the Customer if you wanted to truly ensure it is them clicking the button. Even using a solution to capture historical data as static and pulling in the "modified" type column will have the CSR listed because it is assuming whoever is clicking the button is the recipient of the email (assuming it doesn't just record it as "automation").

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would need to have it sent directly to the Customer if you wanted to truly ensure it is them clicking the button. Even using a solution to capture historical data as static and pulling in the "modified" type column will have the CSR listed because it is assuming whoever is clicking the button is the recipient of the email (assuming it doesn't just record it as "automation").

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• I was afraid that might be it, but thank you for your help Pual.