Is there a way to completely copy an entire Smartsheet dashboard and connecting documents?

Options
SofiaLusvardi
edited 07/20/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I previously created a dashboard that links back to a project plan and other documents that I am using. Is there a way to completely copy this entire structure so that I can replicate this structure for a new project? It would take too much time to rebuild the dashboard and connecting reports/sheets from scratch.

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you drop everything into a folder or workspace (can even create subfolders if needed), you can "Save as new" the folder or workspace.

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @SofiaLusvardi

If the dashboard and connecting sheets and reports are all in the same folder or WorkSpace, You can "Save as New" on that folder or Workspace and everything in the new folder or Workspace will stay connected to itself.

Quick Note: if your shortcuts widgets went to a website or specific URL, then those won't change. Example: Sometimes people use the Website option so that the destination Smartsheet opens in a new tab. That works well but its not scalable. Embedded Forms are another one that won't work. Since those are embedded with specific URLs, the Form that appears on the new dashboard will actually send the data back to the original sheet it was tied to. You'll need to redo the Form manually. That's the same in Control Center too.

Also, you can link to things outside of the folder as long as you don't expect it to change. Example: An open issues report that sits outside the folder will link just fine but it won't auto filter to the new project without saving as new, resetting the filters and then replacing the link/embedded report.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner