📢 Introducing AI for the Smartsheet platform

Options
Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 09/14/23 in General Announcements

Hello Community,

We couldn’t be more excited to share with you how Smartsheet AI-powered capabilities will revolutionize the way you work.

If you missed my previous announcement and today's event, Putting AI to work: What's next for Smartsheet, you can watch the recording here.

Discover how Smartsheet AI-powered capabilities will revolutionize your work by helping you:

• Create charts quickly: AI’s speed enables any user to gain fast insights from complex sets of data.
  • Simplify formula creation: AI writes the formulas for you, leading to more agile and data-driven outcomes.
  • Get help anytime: AI can provide on-the-spot guidance, just like interacting with a helpful assistant. 

Watch the full event, Putting AI to Work: What’s next for Smartsheet 

Excited for what’s to come?

Share your comments below.

Comments

• Stacey Carrasco
    Stacey Carrasco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think this is very exciting 🤩 I'm looking forward to learning more and seeing the case studies of how this is going to enhance our work productivity. Yay, to innovative ideas for the future!!! 🙌💯

Senior Program Coordinator

De Anza College

• Tony C
    Tony C ✭✭
    Options

If Smartsheet puts this AI tool behind the highest-priced paywall tier, I will leave.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think its going to put me out of a job... Hahaha

• John Kelly
    John Kelly ✭✭✭
    Options

Is this going to be another extra or will it be part of the basic Smartsheet? It really should be part of Smartsheet as standard as it is new customers or companies that do not have great IT skills that will benefit most from this.

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm wondering the same thing @John Kelly. If it's not an addition to the source and is considered another add on then it will be expensive. Large companies may want it because there's little communication with IT departments unless their internet crashed, and they can pay $$$. Small businesses might not be able to validate a ROI to make it worth the money, unless it's free.

Based on the extensive private beta testing and what's already included in plans, I would GUESS it's going to be an enterprise plan with gold or platinum plans on top of that AND the price of the add-on.

• Arsineh
    Arsineh Employee Admin
    Options

All licensed users can apply to join the Early Adopter Program, so they're the first to try new AI features when they become available for early access. I encourage you to consider applying if you haven't already.

You can sign up to receive more information as it becomes available here.

• TomJr
    TomJr ✭✭
    Options

When will AI be available in smartsheet? Is it true based on the comments it will be available in an Enterprise license? Please advise

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TomJr We don't have any more information than what is in this post to include official release dates and availability. Please check out the links provided in the original post. If the information you are looking for is not there, then everything here is just speculation.

• Tribeiro
    Tribeiro ✭✭✭
    Options

Is there a way to shut off the AI in case an organization doesnt want to utilze it for now?

• oliviafrench
    oliviafrench ✭✭✭
    edited 12/13/23
    Options

How much water does your AI consume?

• Cleversheet
    Cleversheet ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smartsheet AI should have a name.

I propose Sailor.

Smartsheet Artificial Intelligence Learning Optimization Resource.

Instead of “Hey Siri”, “Hey Alexa” or “Hey Google”, we'll say, “Hey Sailor”.

* - Per Wikipedia, “Hello, Sailor” is “... a flirtatious greeting to or an appreciative aside about someone attractive.” And getting help with our formulas sounds rather attractive to me (although it flubbed my first try: Sailor should have spotted but didn't, so I had to figure out for myself, that I'd included a [column name] in my formula without a qualifier—either colon with column name; or row number; or @row).

PS - It does not escape me that the hello version is sometimes used as a gay catcall. We can talk about rainbows without snark, and we can likewise continue to use the term Hey Sailor in its original lighthearted friendly innocent sense. With all due respect to both the gay people and the homophobes I know and love, it doesn't serve the human community—or the Smartsheet Community—to carry, or foment, anxiety about terms appropriated by various subcultures.

• KenP
    KenP ✭✭
    Options

What level of plan is required to have the AI addition available?