Why are my late tasks not in red?

My most recent SmarSheet has many late tasks. However they are not in red. Some group headers are red but, not all of them. What has changed? my older sheets are fine.

Thanks for the help...

Jerry

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are they supposed to be turning red based on a formula or conditional formatting? What is the logic for turning a row red? Are you able to provide screenshots for context? Knowing how things are supposed to work will go a long way in helping to troubleshoot.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Jerry Tutt
    Jerry Tutt ✭✭✭

I have formulas everywhere. However, the task should turn red by default of it is past due based on the calculated end date. I have never had this happen before.

Thanks,

Jerry

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I get all of that, but what is supposed to be changing it to red? Is it a specific formula or a specific conditional formatting rule? I can't help troubleshoot if you don't tell me what piece seems to be broken.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Jerry Tutt
    Jerry Tutt ✭✭✭

I am not sure how to answer your question. In the past if the end date (which ever column is defined as the end date). If the end date is past and the task is not complete, the task displays in red. It's part of the Smartsheet algorithm. I didn't think we have any control of that. I don't do anything but define which column contains the end date. I didn't even know that you can control the font color.

• Jerry Tutt
    Jerry Tutt ✭✭✭

Paul,

I figured it out..... I started the tasks in question on the "Effective Date" of the contract. I also wanted to these tasks to also end on the "Effective Date" of the contract. So I gave it a zero (0) duration. This worked. However, because of the zero duration, SmartSheet doesn't calculate an end date. Therefore, when the task doesn't happen, it doesn't know that the task is late because of no end date. Therefore it doesn't flag it with a red font. I just backed-up the start date by a day or two and gave it a 1 or 2 day duration and it calculates and end date and flags it with red font, if not complete. This is a condition the rarely happens on our projects. To make a long story short..... there are a few tasks that should have occurred on or before the "Effective Date" of the contract but, they didn't. That's the crazy legal business for you. Thanks for trying to help.

Regards, Jerry

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Based on that it sounds like you have some conditional formatting rules in place.

10xViz.com