disappearing sheet in workspace

Nat
Nat ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi community!

I am working in a workspace shared with one other person, which contains a folder of reports and a dashboard only she and I see, as well as the underlying sheet that's owned by a different person and shared to a group of people.

The sheet keeps disappearing from the workspace on and off. Not only that, but my access to it seems to be switching on and off. I'm assured by the sheet owner and the other person in the workspace that they're not touching it.

I'm definitely on the sheet, but now when I go to my dashboard to check the sheet summary widgets, I get this message below (sometimes, not all the time!)

I looked in my workspace and the sheet is currently visible to me in that workspace.

Is this something to do with the fact it's been moved to there recently by me, but is still shared to the same group of people as before? Could it be because one of the users is moving it from their "shared" area into another workspace, or something like that? Perhaps I should get ownership and move it into a different workspace shared to the whole team.

If anyone's experienced this I'd appreciate any thoughs, thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nat

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

If you haven’t already, I recommend submitting a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Nat
    Nat ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Andree, I will do that.

The owner just got an error message trying to switch the ownership, so I think there is something going on!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Nat

Happy to help!

Feel free to report back what the issue was.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Nat
    Nat ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/01/23

Ultimately I wasn't able to express the problem in a way Support could understand over email, and didn't want to book one of my pro sessions for this!

It remains that sometimes this sheet is visible, sometimes not, to me and others. After 5 tries I was able to accept ownership, but that didn't make a difference.

The sheet was 3 years old and had a lot of rows (nowhere near the max, but a lot nonetheless), quite a few people shared to it (11), and had gone through at least 2 owners before me. It had also been moved between workspaces a few times, some of which had different members than who the sheet was shared to - this is my prime suspect, but hopefully it won't come up again!

I decided since there was no resolution, to move half the rows to an archive, and the other half to a new version of the sheet. This meant a full day of double checking, copying over formulas and sheet summaries and reconnecting reports - but in the end I'm happy because it's working, visible to all, and I'm presenting my dashboard tomorrow so I was out of time!

The old sheet will be deleted as soon as I investigate all the places that were linking to it!