Recurring Tasks

Caleb W
Caleb W ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/02/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Is it possible to create recurring tasks? I am wanting the task to reassign a new date once the task is check completed.

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Caleb W,

Yes, you can do that by the automation change cell. So you can trigger it by checking the task complete box, then it logs today's date, and then uncheck the box. On the sheet, you will just link the date that the task was complete and adding a few days that you want the task to be completed again. Hope that helps.

• @Eric Law I am new to Smartsheet. Can you give more detail about how to set up the automation change cell? If I understand your solution, I set up a column with a checkbox, set up the automation, click when complete and then unclick and change the date manually?

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Michele D depends on what you want.

You will most likely need 2 date columns, a record date column and the due date column that references that and adds x days to it, and a completed check box. You'll need 2 automations. First is record a date when the completed checkbox is checked, and second is change a cell for when the record date column changes it clears the completed checkbox.