Card View Filters

kathyb
kathyb ✭✭✭
edited 08/01/23 in Smartsheet Basics

How do I add or change column filters in card view?

I had card view set up to arrange columns according to the Resource Coach for each project, but after using it this way for several months, suddenly it changed to the columns being organized by home unit (not helpful). When I tried to change the filter back, the Resource Coach is not one of the 4 options listed. Not sure what happened or how to fix it. How do I add a filter option or change the ones that are listed?

Best Answer

• Victoria_Indimar
    Victoria_Indimar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @kathyb! The card view "View by ___" are the columns that are dropdown lists / single select options. If that dropdown list column type changed to "allow multiple values per cell" it's no longer a valid column type to organize the card view. Was the Resource Coach switched to a multi-select column type?

Answers

• Victoria_Indimar
    Victoria_Indimar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @kathyb! The card view "View by ___" are the columns that are dropdown lists / single select options. If that dropdown list column type changed to "allow multiple values per cell" it's no longer a valid column type to organize the card view. Was the Resource Coach switched to a multi-select column type?

• MDexter
    MDexter ✭✭✭

In your grid view, do you have the Resource Coach column still set up? The card view will sort based on the columns available on your grid. I would change back to grid view and double check that.

• kathyb
    kathyb ✭✭✭
    edited 08/01/23

@Victoria_Indimar That was it! I changed it back, and now it's working fine. Guess I'll just make another column for the second coach. I had read about the column types while trouble-shooting, but the single-select part didn't sink in. Thanks so much!

@MDexter Thanks for your response - I appreciate the help!