Removing Incorrect Contacts

Darla Brown
Darla Brown Overachievers
edited 08/02/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

We have several users that have been incorrectly entered into our contact listing. Instead of correcting the contact information, a new one was created. This causes significant confusion in knowing which one to choose for notifications, access permissions, etc.

Can these be removed? Is there an internal database that can be updated?

Thanks

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

Best Answer

• svenu
    svenu ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/02/23 Answer ✓

Hi Darla,

Here is how you remove/edit the incorrect contacts:

• After logging into SmartSheets, click on your Account Picture at the bottom left corner of the SmartSheets Homepage
    • Click on My SmartSheets Contacts
    • You will see the below popup screen
    • When you hover on a contact, you'll see a dropdown arrow. Click on the dropdown -> Select Delete Contact to delete the duplicates and Edit Contact in the future to change the contact details.

Hope it helps!

Note: You would only see contacts that you created. If someone else created them, you'll need to ask them to edit/remove those (Correct me if I am wrong SmartSheets Admins)

Regards

Sowmya

Regards

Sowmya Venugopal

CI Analyst II, Niagara Bottling

Answers

• svenu
    svenu ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/02/23 Answer ✓

Hi Darla,

Here is how you remove/edit the incorrect contacts:

• After logging into SmartSheets, click on your Account Picture at the bottom left corner of the SmartSheets Homepage
    • Click on My SmartSheets Contacts
    • You will see the below popup screen
    • When you hover on a contact, you'll see a dropdown arrow. Click on the dropdown -> Select Delete Contact to delete the duplicates and Edit Contact in the future to change the contact details.

Hope it helps!

Note: You would only see contacts that you created. If someone else created them, you'll need to ask them to edit/remove those (Correct me if I am wrong SmartSheets Admins)

Regards

Sowmya

Regards

Sowmya Venugopal

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

Thank you, Sowmya. I will go through my contacts and see if I can delete any from mine. If they aren't on my list, I will reach out to our main Sys Admin to see if he can do any updates.

Have a great week!

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• svenu
    svenu ✭✭✭✭

You're welcome 🙂

Don't forget to vote up my answer if it was helpful!

Regards

Sowmya

Regards

Sowmya Venugopal

• I have the same problem, however i do not see all of the contacts in my list. I populated my sheet using a form where i had the 'contact' populated and it required this to be in email format.

I can see these contacts (as email addresses) in my sheet. When i attempt to edit the contact details in the column properties, i can select the contact however the 'Name' field is not editable.

When i attempt to edit contacts from the "my smart sheets' option as suggested above, only 2 of my 15 contacts appear, these were the ones i manually added and have a name and an email.