Document Generation

ashleyf
ashleyf ✭✭✭
edited 08/04/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I've created a fillable pdf. However, even though all fields are mapped correctly - only some work properly. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ashleyf

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ashleyf
    ashleyf ✭✭✭

This shows how one line was filled out but the others weren't. The second image shows how they were all mapped.

Thanks.

• Hi @ashleyf

Is it possible that the values in the sheet are blank, which is why it's showing as blank in your filled out PDF?

If you can confirm that there are text values in the sheet for that row but they're not appearing in the PDF, please follow-up with Support, sharing these screen captures, an image of the underlying sheet/row, and a copy of the fillable PDF so they can test and troubleshoot in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• I had this issue with a name field, as well, and updated the properties from a "Contact" to "Text/Number" and the information was able to display accordingly. Not sure if that will work for you, but maybe playing around with the properties would assist.