New to smart sheet and needing assistance/advice on how to set it all up

Hi, Ive joined a new team and we are wanting to have smartsheet for our project outcomes and individualised dashboards for each project for reporting purposes. Ive been watching you tube videos and Im getting no where on how to start creating all of this.

Basically the projects are for staff enrolled in courses or school students completing apprenticeships with our company and we are wanting to track participation in the programs, attrition rates of current and previous years.

Does anyone have a basic how to guide for me to get started please? Thank you!!

Answers

• Darren Mullen
    Darren Mullen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Binxs Welcome to the Smartsheet world! Once you get into it you'll find it hard to not want to do everything you can in Smartsheet!

I just published a book that might help you out. It has an example solution for you to follow along and build.

I think it would help you grasp some of the concepts that you can apply to your specific solution.

Here's my quick promo video so you can see if your are interested.

And you are in the right place to ask for help the Smartsheet community is amazing!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Binxs

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored the Solution Center Templates? Those can be excellent starting points.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Binxs
    Binxs ✭✭

@Andrée Starå Thank you I have looked at the Solution Templates, and there are some great ones available.

My issue is more to once I have a template how to enter my data to what I need it for to then create the dashboard. I've been watching YouTube videos which are great but they are confusing as they aren't specific to my needs and I haven't been able to find something relevant to what I need to create to follow along with (ie step by step guide).

I've recently been in contact with a Smartsheet expert in our Department for assistance and our license, however the response time is very slow and my free trial is ticking away.