How can I automate reoccurring reminders to begin on a variable date?

I am trying to automate reminders to reoccur once every three days, starting 3 days after a funding approval deadline has been missed.

Right now, I only see the option to start recurring reminders on a fixed date, instead of a variable one.

Aka I can set it up as "Send reminder once every three days starting on August 7th". Instead I want to set it up as "Send reminder once every three days starting on the first day deadline X is missed"

Where x depends on when the funding request was submitted and can change, hence its variable.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try putting this in a date type column then setting your automation to run based on the date in this new column:

=[Submitted Date]@row + (TODAY() - [Submitted Date]@row) + (3 - MOD(TODAY() - [Submitted Date]@row, 3))

It should output a new date every three days. As the date displayed moves into the past, it should update to the next "3 day" mark.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com