Dynamic Form

Answers

• elambert
    elambert ✭✭✭

I want to create a QR code for a form. When the QR code is scanned it opens the specific form. I've done this part already. The sheet the form is associated with is for vehicle, trailer, and equipment inspection and maintenance. There is a column for every item to be inspected for everything. I know that I can use conditional logic in the form to show the inspection items that are relevant to inspection or maintenance. I can't seem to get the secondary logic. The inspection of a vehicle or trailer will have different fields than the maintenance of a vehicle or trailer. Is there a way to set up which fields will be shown based on the answer to two selections in a form? Basically six different forms in one for one sheet. Inspection; vehicle, trailer, or equipment OR Maintenance; vehicle, trailer, or equipment.

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭

From what I understand you've a couple of options:

1. Make the initial selection one of vehicle/trailer/equipment AND either Inspection/Maintenance (e.g. Vehicle Inspection would be the first option, Vehicle Maintenance the second, etc.). The relevant fields after that are then displayed as required by what your logic dictates them to show.
    2. Have the initial selection as is, then have separate columns for each type but still picking between Inspection & Maintenance - for example if you pick Vehicle then the selection is opening up an option between Inspection/Maintenance, but the column is actually only for Vehicles (with Trailer having it's own column and the same for Equipment). You can then do the logic to show the relevant fields from the rest of the sheet based on this selection. For reporting ease you can have something which combines the secondary columns (as only one will be filled per row).

As that second option is a bit of a mouthful, this picture helps explain it a bit better (I've used radio buttons so it's easier to see):

Once you then picked from your secondary option the relevant columns would be logic linked to that - I'm not sure of examples, but hopefully you get the idea.

Does this help?