Sheets are vanishing, anyone know why?

HELP PLEASE! Looking for any advice, tips/tricks, and suggestion...

We have several locations who have had very important sheets created for them at the conception of their build out. Corporate originally created these sheets then transferred ownership to a member onsite. All of a sudden, those sheets just vanished and we can not find them. We have reached out to support many times with no luck at all, and not even a reason as to why.

Does anyone in this community chat know why this is happening, how to stop it, and if there is a way to retrieve the missing sheets. Any suggestions are greatly appreciate, as I have gotten no where.

Thanks

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Does the new owner still have access?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Thanks for the tag, @Paul Newcome!

It does sound like that's what happened.

When someone's account changes from a paid, licensed account to a free account, all items Owned by them are turned to read-only for 30 days. After those 30 days, the files are deleted, which would mean anyone who used to be shared to those sheets will no longer see them as they don't exist. Here's the documentation on switching to a free account.

Support may be able to see if the sheets are in someone's deleted folder if you provide them with the Sheet URL (if you have it bookmarked somewhere) or the exact sheet name and it's the owner that's contacting them. However if the sheet is fully deleted, they may not be able to see it at all.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers