Core App vs Core Product certification

Options

Hello everybody,

I am interested in learning more om how Smartsheet works and therefore looked at certifications.

I took the free course in the Smartsheet university and got the free Core App badge.

Now my question : What is the difference in terms of content/things to know between the Core App certification (the one which is free in Smartsheet University, giving you 14 PDUs) and the Core Product certification that costs 149 USD ? Is this work pursuing the proctored exam in my case ?

Thanks for your advices,

Florian

Best Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

They are slightly different and the certification is a longer, proctored test. I have all new team members go through the Core App badge to learn the basics, and the Certification is designed for users with at least 3-6 months of experience. I have attached a little more information and links to resources below.

The Core App Skills badge shows that you completed all the eLearning courses in the Core App Path and passed the capstone quiz. Badges give you a way to showcase your Smartsheet knowledge, skills, and achievements. See: Smartsheet University Badging

The Core App Certification is an Exam separate to this (although it's recommended that you complete the Core App Path before attempting the exam). This exam validates your ability to build and configure collaborative work environments and can help you stand apart as a professional in your field. You can learn more about the Exam on this page, here.

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The short answer is that the App certification is more surface level making sure you understand the more common features. The Product certification is more in depth and tests your ability to combine those features into a solution.

Answers