SO EXCITED SEND FROM TRIGGERING USER AVAILABLE

Marlana K.
Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like starting my Friday and noticing the options in the workflows to send from triggering user!

It did bring a question up from my co worker : do you know if the "send as" has to have a license? My assumption would be that a license is not required since Form Submissions for example can be submitted by anyone with the link and that submission could trigger a workflow.

Confirmation would be appreciated!!!

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare

Best Answer

• Martin_M
    Martin_M ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The "triggering user" needs to have these fields filled out in the Profile Settings for the "Sent from Triggering User" option to work.

My guess is, that the person also would need to be registered and have a valid email address entered for any automation to properly function.

Answers

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/11/23

This is correct, but remember when using automation that if somebody is outside of your smartsheet domain, you will likely have to set the automation settings to "Unrestricted" or they may not receive the notification.

also, remember to setup your form to require smartsheet login so the workflow knows where to send the notification

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

• Marlana K.
    Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@SteyJ

Thanks for the input. Normally use the unrestricted piece. However, we do not require Smartsheet Login to access the form as some of our forms are accessed by Senior Care and Facilities outside of our company. We are testing it out on a few of our "Solutions" for now before we go change the solutions we have built.

Marlana Kalinowski

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare

• Martin_M
    Martin_M ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The "triggering user" needs to have these fields filled out in the Profile Settings for the "Sent from Triggering User" option to work.

My guess is, that the person also would need to be registered and have a valid email address entered for any automation to properly function.