Using update request feature with display logic

Mounika
Mounika ✭✭✭
edited 08/18/23 in Smartsheet Basics

With update request automation, the form is missing the display logic created when updating it from the email alert, although it is working when the initial form was submitted. Is there any way to keep the display logic when updating the form as well?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, to use Logic in Update Requests, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• It might be possible to use the URL-Query feature, the Form, and some helper sheets to make it work.

Can you elaborate on how you'd like it to work?

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mounika
    Mounika ✭✭✭

Based on user input the fields in Smartsheet form keeps changing (with display logic). So, I want the participant to update the form with the display logic that I have set-up when creating the form.

For instance:

If the participant chooses to provide three recommendations for specific product, then based on display logic the following three fields will appear in the form (with names 1. Recommendation, 2. Recommendation, 3. Recommendation), if participant chooses to give two recommendations, then only two fields will appear to fill in ((with names 1. Recommendation, 2. Recommendation).

So, when the form is submitted the participant will get an email alert to update the form (with update request automation). When the update requested form is opened, the display logic is missing and providing all the fields that are created. At this point also, I want the form to have display logic that was initially created. Looking forward for your response. Thank you!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Mounika You would need to set up separate Update Request workflows and specify which fields are shown. You would set up one that has a condition of one being selected to only send one field, another that has a condition being if two are selected and you would show two fields, so on and so forth.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com