Conditional Formatting works on one sheet, EXACT SAME conditional formatting fails on 2ND sheet

Hi Folks

Frustrating issue for me... two sheets, exact same conditional formatting (see attachment).

One sheet, conditional formatting works 100% & the other sheet conditional formatting only partially works (changes the cell colour for my 'Risk Severity' & 'Risk Likelihood' cells but does not populate risk rating nor action columns text...)

Checked -> Rule ARE THE SAME,

Checked -> The processing order are the same

Cant see any other influences, linked cells etc...

Stumped and more than a little frustrated

Thanks in advance.

A

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Conditional Formatting is only used for formatting cells' (color/font/etc.) existing data. It cannot be used to populate text into a cell. Do you have any automations set up on the other sheet that is working?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• AdrianR
    AdrianR ✭✭

Hi Paul

No automation that I can see, there is one workflow but its disabled ("inactive") - this configuration is present in BOTH (working and broken SS).

Any other ideas?

A

• AdrianR
    AdrianR ✭✭

no connectors either - its not processing anything outside of the SS.

• Hey @AdrianR

Are you able to post a screen capture of the underlying grid of the sheet where the formatting isn't applying, identifying the rows that aren't correct? (But block out sensitive data)

I'd be interested to see if the values that are input on one sheet are different than what's in the original sheet... for example "-Select-" versus "- Select -"

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you also explain more about this piece of your post?

"does not populate risk rating nor action columns text"

Conditional Formatting does not populate anything, so I am not sure what you are referring to there.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com