Formula to auto-summarise Delivery Risk assessment

Options

Hi all,

I'm attempting to build a function into my master milestone tracking sheet which will auto-populate my ‘Delivery Risk’ column, based on a series of conditions met in other cells in the row. Underpinning thinking is as follows:

• ‘Target Milestone Date’ are set for every row
  • Assumption that ‘Actual Completion Date’ will be blank for each ‘Delivery Risk’ condition
  • The ‘Progress’ column is manually updated by project leads based on, surprisingly, progress
  • The only condition where this isn’t the case, is when an ‘Actual Completion Date’ is entered, which runs an automation to change ‘Progress’ to ‘Complete’
  • Therefore, I’ve been trying to create a formula using =IF(AND(ISBLANK etc to address the logical conditions listed in the table below, but have been struggling with the complexity of the conditions
  • ‘Status’ auto populates based on conditional formating

Any help or advice in how to set this formula up would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Guy

Best Answer

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @SailingSheets

This formula should do the trick for you

=IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() > 14, Progress@row = "Not Started"), "On Track", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() > 7, Progress@row = "In Progress"), "On Track", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() < 14, [Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() > 6, Progress@row = "Not Started"), "At Risk", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() < 7, Progress@row = "In Progress"), "At Risk", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() < 7, Progress@row = "Not Started"), "Behind", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row <= TODAY(), ISBLANK(Progress@row)), "Behind", IF(Progress@row = "Complete", "", "Error")))))))

Tested and working as a column formula

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

Answers

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @SailingSheets

This formula should do the trick for you

=IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() > 14, Progress@row = "Not Started"), "On Track", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() > 7, Progress@row = "In Progress"), "On Track", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() < 14, [Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() > 6, Progress@row = "Not Started"), "At Risk", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() < 7, Progress@row = "In Progress"), "At Risk", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row - TODAY() < 7, Progress@row = "Not Started"), "Behind", IF(AND([Target Milestone Date]@row <= TODAY(), ISBLANK(Progress@row)), "Behind", IF(Progress@row = "Complete", "", "Error")))))))

Tested and working as a column formula

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

• SailingSheets
    Options

Hi Paul,

Amazing, this looks to be working great. Thank you very much!

Guy

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!