Column Dividers in a Sheet

Kendra P
Kendra P ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/24/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to add columns dividers in a sheet? We are using the sheet as phases so the first couple of columns is basic information and are frozen. The next few columns are phase one then it goes into phase two and so on. We would like to be able to add a divider in between the phases. What we have come up with so far is to add a column call divider and used background color.

Does anyone have a better option?

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kendra P,

I use the same thing; formatted columns as dividers. One thing is you have to use a different name for each one.

Sometimes I use a period for my first, and 2 periods for my second.

Sometimes I name the column separators which helps when scrolling through many columns. It's like column group headers, but as columns instead of headers.

I don't believe there's any other option to separate out sections of columns (like in Excel).

Would make for a good Product Idea to submit though!

BRgds,

-Ray

• Yes, I need a section break as well - we have phases and groupings that have titles and I create a line with a color break as well. This would be incredibly great to have and allow it to be a hierarchy like the rows so you can collapse them and see all the sections. Thank you!