Want to match values in multiple columns

Joseph Aloysias
Joseph Aloysias ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/28/23 in Formulas and Functions

I want to match the JIRA ID in the Jira ticket sheet to auto populate the Reported Issue ID1,Reported Issue ID2,Reported Issue ID3 (Issue ID in Issue Reporting sheet), there are multiple issue ID for same Jira ID

Is there a way we can auto populate Reported Issue ID's from Issue Reporting Sheet to Jira Tickets sheet?

Is there a way we can auto populate Reported Issue ID's from Issue Reporting Sheet to Jira Tickets sheet?

Tags:

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Joseph Aloysias

Hi Joseph I have re-created your scenario and have an answer for you, but my question is do you really want a column per Reported Issue or would it be better to just collect all Reported Issues and store them in 1 column?

Anyway to do what you asked, I did it this way (others might have an easier solution). I have added explanations into the screen shots. Let me know if this helps...

Kind regards

Debbie Sawyer - Chief Smartsheet Solutions Officer (CSSO)

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Here is the version of the Jira Ticket sheet with the formula/column for All Reported Issue ID's (I prefer this one!) But it depends on what you want to do with the data as to which method you go for (all issue ID collated in 1 column or split across multiple columns)

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Debbie

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!