Pulling in data from multiple sheets

I just finished making a time sheet project that works well but now I need to pull data in from the filled-out sheets into a summary.

1. Time Sheets
    1. There will be single-digit numbers of time sheets each month
    2. Managers fill out time for their employees buckets into projects and finance codes.
  2. Reporting Sheets
    1. One for each month
    2. Pulls data from each time sheet
    3. Need to have totals for each finance code per department

I have attached example screenshots for the two sheets. This doesn't have to be completely automated (I don't mind tweaking a few things one a month) but I'm at a loss how to pull this many dimensions of data from multiple sheets and get them into the summary. Let me know if there are any other questions.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Could you plug in some sample numbers so we can visualize how it all needs to come together?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• All of the numbers in a row in the time sheet will add up to 1 (100% effort for a given employee). Then the report should sum the effort numbers for each bucket (Internal, ABC, etc.) that were recorded for all employees in each department.

So if they reported that all HR employees spent 1.5 effort on Internal and 2.5 on Internal those would show up in those cells of the report.