Date Calculation not working correctly

Options

In my Operating Calendar sheet, I have a Due column (date). This due date column should be calculating based on a formula that adds the "Days From Pricing Group OR 1st Departure Date" column to the "Pricing Group Date" Column (=[Pricing Group Date]@row + [Days From Pricing Group OR 1st Departure Date]@row). Both the "Days Out" and "Pricing Date" fields are populated using and INDEX(MATCH()) formula to the "Task List" sheet. All columns that contain dates are configured to be "date" columns (as opposed to text.)

In theory, the date should adjust by the number of days in the Days Out column as a result. It is not working as intended and is currently showing the date and then the text of what is in the "Days Out" column (see below.)

I've tried using =[Pricing Group Date]@row + VALUE([Days From Pricing Group OR 1st Departure Date]@row) to see if it makes any difference and that didn't solve it either. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that the cells are linked / formulas rather than hard data. That being said, I tried recreating with another sheet and didn't get the same problem.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Emma

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!