When I "Send" from smartsheet Email is received but then disappears.

Anytime I use the send function on smartsheet, the email is received but then disappears as if it was never sent. I've asked for help on this before but was told to screen record it happening. Sometimes it happens so fast, by the time i try to record, it's gone. Other times it stays an hour or so and I think everything is ok, then next morning it's gone. I've spent hours on the phone with "Microsoft Outlook" who finally said it was not on their end since it is only isolated to emails sent from Smartsheets and that if it was "Outlook" that all of my emails would be gone, not just the ones from smartsheets. I'm at my wits end.

Answers

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Zac Baker,

If you're receiving the emails in your inbox at all, then I don't think it's a Smartsheet issue. A few questions:

1) Do you have any rules set up in Outlook to move or archive emails with a certain criteria? If so, I would suggest reviewing these rules to see if the emails are being deleted, archived, or moved to another folder.

2) Is this your personal email or your work email? If it's your work email, I would suggest getting in touch with your company's IT department, as they may be flagging the emails as spam and either deleting them from your email or moving them into a quarantine.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle