Mass email automation for meeting a criteria

mahmadi
mahmadi ✭✭
edited 09/07/23 in Smartsheet Basics

hello all, I need to create a workflow for the below scenario. I will have many rows of data around 500 sometimes. there is about 30 columns also. I have a date column for which I want the workflow to work based off of. if the 10 days before that term date is reached, I want Smartsheet to send an email to a contact but not email per cell. I want it to include all the rows whose date is met. then another day another group of rows would match the 10 day criteria and I want Smartsheet to send a new email with all the details for those rows (by details I mean the column data of those rows). Can someone please help me. I know it is a bit complicated but really cannot have it send 1 email per row.

Can you also guide how it would work if we could have one email sent per row?

@Paul Newcome I would appreciate your insight. Thanks

Best Answer

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @mahmadi ,

When you create your automation you can choose if you would like all the columns to be included in the email or you can choose specific ones.

{{}} will add the data into the message but you dont need to use it to send the list itself.

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mahmadi If you have the same email in a cell that it sends to, it should be sent to them in a list form, example below.

• mahmadi
    mahmadi ✭✭

so if we have 200 rows that meet the criteria , it will send 1 email to Eric Law on the day for those 200 rows?

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @mahmadi ,

Yes it will.

Itai Perez

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

• mahmadi
    mahmadi ✭✭

Thanks @Itai . how do I select several columns to appear in the email. I guess before there used to be advanced option and one could choose the columns and now it has to be done in the customized message with {{}}. how do I still get them in table format because I have about 10 columns to choose from my sheet of 70 columns. Thanks

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @mahmadi ,

When you create your automation you can choose if you would like all the columns to be included in the email or you can choose specific ones.

{{}} will add the data into the message but you dont need to use it to send the list itself.

Itai Perez

• mahmadi
    mahmadi ✭✭

Thanks @Itai . I did not want to give link to sheet but since it is the only option and they will not have access to the sheet anyways I will go ahead and use this option.