Data Shuttle - Why is target sheet not showing new row added in source sheet?

I am using data shuttle between a source sheet in Google drive and target sheet in smartsheet. The issue I am having is that when I add a new row to the source sheet it is not showing up in the target sheet. and I have selected the add rows option when creating the workflow. Is anyone else having this issue?

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jeanette Conley,

The way I have used data shuttle in my last organization is -

I created a source sheet in Smartsheet which was completely blank and I would only upload the latest version of our source data (which rests in Google Drive) as an attachment to this source sheet in Smartsheet. So say, we upload a new file every week or biweekly and depending upon how quickly this file in Google gets updated you can change the frequency of uploading.

Now, in the data shuttle workflow, choose the "Run on Attachment" option on the source sheet to add your new rows in the target sheet. Also, add a schedule for this data shuttle to run frequently so that it runs on the newest attachment in your source sheet every time a new file is uploaded here and hence adds the new rows in your target sheet. Makes sense?

Let me know if this makes your job easier or harder? 🙂

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee