MetaData Sheet - Grab a cell's data from a whole column for each new "task sheet"

rphelps
rphelps ✭✭
edited 09/12/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

The image below is the information that is brought in from our main "Intake Sheet" (where we have hundreds of projects listed) and filters through the MetaData sheet to this Project "Task Sheet". Our builder set this up. I added the Absorb Code row, but cannot figure out how to get the information to pull over automatically like the rest of the information. I can link it in manually, but would like it to auto-populate. I cannot see any specific formula in the MetaData sheet that would help me copy what was done. The second image is from the Intake Sheet. The third image is the MetaData where the specific project information filters through.

We are slowly learning how to use Smartsheet so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You will need to set that up in the Smartsheet template as well as update the Control Center blueprint to include it. Once that is done, it will provide the cell link automatically the same way it does for the rest of the fields.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers