Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formula on Modified Date to Determine Days Since Last Modified

Options
Deliverance
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

My sheet has a column for last modified. I'd like another column to give me the results from =today()-last modified so I can easily see how long its been since a row has been changed.

If I use the formula above I get some decimal. If I use =(today()+"")-last modified I get an error.

Any way I can do this?

Tags:

Comments

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/09/15
    Options

We have tried to do this, and we did work out a formula bahvaed properly by parsing the date out of the modified date system column which was a bit involved. A problem we found, was that every day at midnight, the days since last modification would change (incremented by one). That makes sense, right? Another day has passed, the days since last modification gets larger as more days go by.

Well, the issue here is that this increment (the count of the number of days since last modification) is, itself, a change to the row, causing the modified date to change. It's loop that I don't think you can get out of when working directly in a sheet.

Your only option here, I do believe, is to use the modified date logic available to you in a report.

• Deliverance
    Options

Thanks, I didn't even think of that loop! We'll just have to watch the dates manually.

This discussion has been closed.