10 digit fixed numeric field

Options

Hi,

I have few fields where I want to add a validation/control user to force doing the correct entry - e.g. PO# shouldn't be more or less than 10 digits. Is it possible? They do these entries via Form.

I see their are new validations numeric/text etc...they don't help what I need.

Also, Can we trigger any flash alert for users- if they feed the wrong one?

Thanks,

Tags:

Best Answer

• Arts B.
    Arts B. ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, Tim, for replying. Yes, I read more on the community about and found the same workaround....I already applied it.

(my users are floor workers and works in the shift-only issue here is they don't check emails that often.) so this workaround has limitation in this case. But I'll mark this close as, no actual solution available in Smartsheet.

Answers

• Tim C
    Tim C ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At this time, no it will only validate that it is actually a number (that I'mawarevof). You could have a helper column on the sheet for the form submission, and with a formula or automation. After the form is submitted, the column flags if the form 10k number field matches your criteria or not. Then send an automated update for the corrected 10 digit number. A work around but could work!

• Arts B.
    Arts B. ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, Tim, for replying. Yes, I read more on the community about and found the same workaround....I already applied it.

(my users are floor workers and works in the shift-only issue here is they don't check emails that often.) so this workaround has limitation in this case. But I'll mark this close as, no actual solution available in Smartsheet.