Are you able to hide specific rows from people on a shared sheet?

Options

Hi,

I am working on building a sheet for our CEO to track employees tasks and deliverables. However, he wants 1 sheet with multiple viewers (the team) and to be able to make the sheet so that each team member can only see the tasks (rows) they are assigned to and not be able to see any rows that are assigned to other team members or that are blanks. AKA other than the Admin/CEO, team members should not be able to view blank rows/tasks and rows/tasks assigned to other other team members.

Is this possible?

Answers

• Sravya Gupta
    Options

Hi,

Dynamic View works perfectly for this scenario where you can lock the items to the user for all employees and Admin/CEO can use the sheet directly. https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/integrations-and-add-ons/dynamic-view

Best Regards,

Sravya

• parulmishra
    parulmishra ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @JonR

Yes you can make a Dynamic View based on the "Task Smartsheet you are building for your CEO" having a current user filter on it. Share the dynamic view to the people. Each team member would be able to see his/her tasks only. Dynamic view gives you the advantage that the people don't need access to the underlying Smartsheet.

If Dynamic views are not available to you then you can do the same thing by creating a current user report however in this case you might have to give editor access on the Smartsheet as well so that people can update the report.

Parul Mishra

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @JonR

I hope you're well and safe!

There are two options.

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps

Would any of those options work/help? Do you have access to them?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JonR
    JonR ✭✭
    Options

Hi Thank you! Seems like dynamic view is what we need, but is not available in the free version or even in a trial version of business. Assuming we have to get 1 full business license to be able to have dynamic view. Question would be that would people shared on the sheet as viewers (non licensed users) be able to view their assigned tasks/rows in dynamic view having no license?

thx

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JonR

Happy to help!

• You'd need to add a minimum of 3 licensed business users.
    • Yes, they would be able to view their tasks without a license and edit if you want them to be able to.

Feel free to reach out at andree@workbold.com, and I'd be happy to help you with the Dynamic View and Business license and more.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JonR
    JonR ✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå thank you sir! Much appreciated