How to add myself back in to a user group?

Options

As the Owner/Creator of a User Group, my User ID is automatically included as a member in the group when I create it. This inclusion makes it easy to troubleshoot problems with Smartsheet applications created by other people in the District who use my User Groups to grant access to their app. I deleted myself in several confidential User Groups and now would like to add myself back in to facilitate troubleshooting. However, when I try, my User ID is not an option...

How do I add myself back in to a User Group that I own where I deleted myself previously?

Best Answer

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you are an Admin, I believe you can do this via the APIs.

First, do a list of all of the groups, find the groups and their IDs, and then create a request to add your user to the respective group.

Ryan

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Answers

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you are an Admin, I believe you can do this via the APIs.

First, do a list of all of the groups, find the groups and their IDs, and then create a request to add your user to the respective group.

Ryan

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Richard D. Vogt
    Options

Ryan,

I am not an Enterprise Administrator (I have too much other "real job" work to do in the organization, so I turned admin over to IT after getting Smartsheet up and running in the District) but my IT Admin was able to successfully add me back in to the groups. Thank you!

• Richard D. Vogt
    Options

Ryan,

I am not an Enterprise Administrator (I have too much other "real job" work to do in the organization, so I turned admin over to IT after getting Smartsheet up and running in the District) but my IT Admin was able to successfully add me back in to the groups. Thank you!

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Richard D. Vogt ,

Glad you got it figured out.

We do a lot of custom implementations and such and the APIs have become very instrumental in those.

Ryan