Date Formulas

Options
Klew13
Klew13 ✭✭
edited 09/22/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the smartsheet community, but have been using smartsheet at a basic level for a few years now, and I am looking for some help.

I have a form that collects information for me. Each time the form is completed and submitted it creates a new row in my sheet. In my sheet, I have a column called an "application date" and I want to know when the application closes by adding 60 days, which is kept in a "close date" column. I entered a formula in the first row of the "close date" column that calculates that date correctly and I then drag it down, and it updates each row correctly.

However, each time I save or leave the sheet, the formula disappears, which leaves the correct date in each row as a value, but when a new row is added, there is no formula to automatically calculate the "close date" of the new row. I have a other instances with similar date calculations and I am seeing the same result.

I feel like there must be a way to do this, but I cannot seem to get it to work. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Tags:

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!