Reporting

Paula Cosentino
Paula Cosentino ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 09/25/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have 7 smartsheets where I want to pull the # of items that came in PER DAY for A PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT department. That I have. But against that I want to show how many of those items came in and were completed in that same day. I want these on one graph. Is that possible using reports without have to make making a sheet and pulling the information in using formulas which might slow things down?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Paula Cosentino

Reports can't currently compare data in cells to create an output (e.g. Date1 = Date2). You would need at least 1 helper column in your current sheet with a formula to make this comparison.

For example, a column titled "Same Day Completion". Then you could use an IF statement that says if the first date matches the second date, return "Same Day", otherwise be blank.

=IF([CPAN Receipt Date]@row = [CPAN Work Completed Date]@row, "Same Day", "")

Then create a new Report that filters by if this helper column says "Same Day" or not, with your Grouping and Summary. This can then be used as the source for a chart. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Paula Cosentino

Reports can't currently compare data in cells to create an output (e.g. Date1 = Date2). You would need at least 1 helper column in your current sheet with a formula to make this comparison.

For example, a column titled "Same Day Completion". Then you could use an IF statement that says if the first date matches the second date, return "Same Day", otherwise be blank.

=IF([CPAN Receipt Date]@row = [CPAN Work Completed Date]@row, "Same Day", "")

Then create a new Report that filters by if this helper column says "Same Day" or not, with your Grouping and Summary. This can then be used as the source for a chart. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Paula Cosentino
    Paula Cosentino ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you so much. So very helpful!