Hi - I am receiving the following message on startup with the Desktop app

Any solutions would be much appreciated

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Stuart_Focus

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

If you haven’t already, I recommend submitting a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Csellers
    Csellers ✭✭✭

Hi @Stuart_Focus , if you end up submitting a support ticket will you post the results in this thread? One of my team members also received this pop up message.

• Yes, please share. I too am getting same error now. Thanks!

• i have submitted a ticket and will share once I hear back

• @Stuart_Focus curious if you have received any feedback yet from your support ticket? Thank you!

• I too have a user with this issue. Any updates? Thanks

• Stuart_Focus
    Stuart_Focus ✭✭
    edited 10/04/23

Hi

I received a response to my ticket but unfortunately, it addresses the issue experienced in a browser, whereas my issue is related to the DESKTOP APP

I have requested a response to my original query.

However in case this information is useful to others, I have posted the SUPPORT response below:

MESSAGE BEGINS.......

Please note that if you find Smartsheet is not loading, not responding, or failing to display certain items, the cause may be related to your browser, browser version, or browser extensions or add-ons. The steps below will help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may cause the error message that you encountered:

MESSAGE BEGINS......

• Open an instance of a browser in incognito or in private browsing mode. Try using Smartsheet from that instance of the browser. (For Chrome, incognito mode disables extensions automatically. It also eliminates any cache cookie behavior.
    • If Smartsheet works from an incognito browser instance, follow the steps below: 
    • Log out of Smartsheet.
    • Access the extensions for the browser that you use with Smartsheet. To do this, follow the steps for your browser version in the table below.
    • Disable all extensions.
    • Restart Smartsheet and see if the issue is resolved.

If disabling extensions solves the issue, re-enable the extensions one at a time to see which one specifically was causing the issue.

If you are connected on a VPN, kindly connect without the VPN or Proxy (if possible) Kindly test it on another network to mitigate the issue 

• Disable all plugins and try another browser
    • Conduct both upload and download speed tests at testmy.net

Good performance is at least 80% of the what you pay for (may vary on enterprise networks with bandwidth management. Some ISPs do not advertise/guarantee upload speeds

If performance issues are observed, please work with your IT and ISP to resolve thenetwork issues. If the speed test performs well, network congestion may be causing poor performance in Smartsheet. Please  have your IT add network priority for the following:

• Host: app.smartsheet.com
    • Ports and Protocols: HTTP (port 80); HTTPS (port 443)
    • Other ports may be used as well. If possible, prioritize traffic to/from Smartsheet through any port.

Please refer to the Help Article below for more information.

If after performing the troubleshooting provided above did notresolve the issue, kindly provide us with these additional information tofurther investigate: 

• Screen recording of the steps taken to reproduce the issue 
    • Result of the troubleshooting steps you’ve taken 
    • Affected sheet name/ID 

MESSAGE ENDS

• I also have the issue in the desktop app, so still awaiting a solution