Document Generator Not Working - Generating Blank Documents

RachelFW
RachelFW ✭✭
edited 09/27/23 in Smartsheet Basics

We use document generator extensively and I have just set up some new mappings, on a new sheet but I am having trouble getting the templates to populate - they keep generating as blank documents! Has anybody experienced this before? I have tried recreating the mapping from scratch a number of times, to no avail. The mapping itself appears to be correct, with fields matched and no error messages.

Answers

• Even when I go to the preview button, I get this error message :

• Hey @RachelFW

I haven't personally experienced this before, but there are a few things I would check/test.

• Ensure the fields you're mapping to are set up as the correct type of field in the PDF (e.g. Text to Text)
    • Try using a different copy of the same fillable PDF file, in case there's an issue with this specific one
    • Test manually generating the document + automatically generating the document through a workflow to see if there's a difference.
    • Create a copy of the sheet you're using with Save as New and test a new mapping on the new sheet with the same PDF

If none of this has helped, please contact Smartsheet Support with your troubleshooting steps, along with a copy of the PDF file you're using so they can troubleshoot this with you futher.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now