Is it possible to change the Source Sheet from Reference instead of individual references ?

Ibrahim Khaleel
Ibrahim Khaleel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10/03/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Dear Smart Team,

How can we modify the Source Sheet name from the Reference instead of modifying individual references.

Scenario. I have created more than 50 References use this reference in different formulas.

For Example Question and Answer. Reference "Ans 1" for Answer 1 and "Ans 2" for Answer 1 and so on, till 50th Answer. While save as to new sheet with the keeping references. Later (New sheet) I need to modify references individually instead of Sheet reference. It's better to have a option to modify the sheet name (as source reference) one time Globally instead of 50 time individually.

in above image Reference is Green Highlighted and Source Sheet name is Yellow Highlighted (which has Old Source and after save as new sheet old source is still existing and I need to change individually to all references).

I need you advise to above solution.

Thanks and best regards.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can put the source sheet and the sheet containing the cross sheet references into a folder then save the folder as new. Then the new sheet with references will reference the new source sheet.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers