Is there a way that we can get kids signed in?

fennerb
fennerb ✭✭✭✭
edited 09/27/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I feel like I've done this before, but I can't remember how.

We're putting on an event for over 100 kids who signed up, and I'm trying to get it so these kids can just find their name and click "Attended" (checkbox only) to prove that they showed up. However, I don't want them to be able to see everyone else's contact information (addresses, phone #s...)

Dynamic View apparently only works if you have a Smartsheet account. I can't publish a report without it being "Read Only," so nobody can make changes to a filtered view. And by publishing the sheet, there's no way to limit what columns are shown.

Please help! I thought I had this under control already, and I apparently did not.

Answers

• Hey @fennerb

What I would do in this situation is actually use a completely separate sheet.

• Have one column with all the names listed (copy/pasted from your original sheet with all the data).
    • Have another column that houses the checkbox

Then you can use a formula from your source sheet to look into this checkbox sheet and return either a value (e.g. "Checked in") or another checked box in this sheet, too.

=IF(COUNTIFS({Name Column}, Name@row, {Checkbox Column}, 1) >0, "Checked In")

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now