can i set up single automation to update a column in multiple rows at once

I have a parent row with a list of inventory within the child rows, with quantities of the inventory. I want to set up an automation where i can send out the list of inventory and update quantities used with in. Is this possible? Updating the circled column within one automated request

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is not currently an option, but thank you @jcormican for entering a Product Idea!

Link the the idea: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/111059/automated-columns#latest

• I agree with Ray - thank you for submitting your idea!

Currently Update Requests are completed on a row-by-row basis, so the form that comes in the email would need to be filled out individually per-row (tabbing through the form at the bottom).

For this quantity of rows, I would personally share the sheet with the user needing to update values. That way they can simply work down the sheet instead of using a Form. If you don't want to share the entire sheet, you could have a separate helper sheet with 1 column of unique identifiers (e.g. your Column 6) and the quantity received. Then use Cell Links or a formula to replicate that information in this current sheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now