Question about a user's email management

Scenario: Using the "Manage Email Address" function found under Profile in Personal Settings, a user adds a second email address, and makes it the primary address... The user then signs on with the 'new' primary email address. Will the items shared to the 'old' email address be accessible to the user when signed in under the 'new' email address? Or, is the "Merge Users" function necessary (I'd need to add both users to User Management first, in order to merge them...).

Thanks!

Mary

Best Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You shouldn't need to adjust sharing permissions or anything to ensure accessibility.

The biggest reason for Merge Users is if the emails are already associated to two different accounts. So if both email addresses have been used separately to log in, you won't be able to add one to the other as a secondary.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Mary Farmer
    Mary Farmer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you so much for your feedback @Paul Newcome !! It was pretty easy & worked great without the mail merge.

Answers