Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Create time card from project schedules

Options
Jamie Camp
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Is there a template out ther somewhere to take all projects shared to an individual and create a weekly report (timecard) showing the number of hours that indiviual is scheduled to work on each project?  It seems like most of this is available in Resource manager but I'd like to have it report hours versus % allocation.

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Create a Report accross all projects, using Resources "Fred Smith" add start, finish and duration columns.

James

• Jamie Camp
    Options

Thanks James.  however this is not quite what I was looking for.  I'm looking for more of somethign that resembles a time card.  By this I mean a breakdown of hours planned to be wrok by each employee weekly.  I've started some of this and the formulas get a little crazy.  For example. if a duration spans across more than one month the process to extract the number of hours per month (let alone per week) gets cumbersome.

• Gordon
    Gordon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm interested in something similar.  I was under the impression that SS was going to add the ability to show resource management in hours instead of % in the latest release, but that was not the case.  I still need to figure out a way to have a consolidated schedule in GANTT format across all my projects with the hours shown instead of %.

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 08/14/15
    Options

Gordon, in our release tonight, we are adding the ability to view Gantt charts in reports. You can use reports to consolidate a user's schedule from all your projects and view a Gantt chart with that information. 

This discussion has been closed.