Help Getting Started - Newb

Options

I am having trouble calculating the total cost of units purchased in Smartsheet. I have tried using the formula =SUMPRODUCT([Units Purchased],[Unit Cost]), but I get the error message #unparseable. Can you please help?

Tags:

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @FGCC Smartsheet,

Try this:

=[Units Purchased]@row * [Unit Cost]@row

Hope that helps!

BRgds,

-Ray

• Marcela
    Marcela Employee Admin
    Options

Hello @FGCC Smartsheet,

Please note that the SUMPRODUCT Function is not a Smartsheet supported Function.

You can use a simple formula in the "Total Cost" column. Assuming the "Units Purchased" and "Unit Cost" columns are in columns A and B, respectively, and you want to calculate the total cost for each row, you can use the following formula in the "Total Cost" column:

=[Units Purchased]@row * [Unit Cost]@row

This formula multiplies the "Units Purchased" by the "Unit Cost" to calculate the total cost for each row. You can then drag this formula down to apply it to all the rows in your sheet or convert to column formula. Each row will calculate the total cost based on the respective units purchased and unit cost values.

For more information regarding Smartsheet Functions, visit: Smartsheet Function List

Cheers,

Marcela

• FGCC Smartsheet
    Options

@Marcela @Ray Lindstrom I appreciate the assistance. This is my first venture into the world of Smartsheets.

Have a good.

Rich

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!