How to get an automated alert when a daily row is not populated

Hi All,

I currently have a sheet where a row is automatically created once an email hits a specific folder in my Inbox (via Power Automate). The emails come daily. I would like to get an alert say first thing in the morning, if the previous day did not get a new row added for that day. Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

When I look at creating an automated alert, the choices are only when a new row is created or updated, as an example. Not when a row is not created for the previous or even current day.

Thanks in advance.

Smartsheet admin by day, home chef by night

Best Answer

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Answer ✓

@RolandoN Here's what I would do:

You'll need a Created Date column if you don't already have one. Then add a Helper date column and enter this as a column formula: =MAX([Created Date]:[Created Date]).

Then set up a workflow to send you an alert if the value in the helper column is not today and not in the last 1 day.

Answers

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Answer ✓

@RolandoN Here's what I would do:

You'll need a Created Date column if you don't already have one. Then add a Helper date column and enter this as a column formula: =MAX([Created Date]:[Created Date]).

Then set up a workflow to send you an alert if the value in the helper column is not today and not in the last 1 day.

• RolandoN
    RolandoN ✭✭✭✭

Wow that is great Julie, thank you very much! I've applied the Helper Date Column and Automated Workflow. Now I just have to wait for a trigger to happen to put it to the test.

Smartsheet admin by day, home chef by night