Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Collaborators cant edit cells?

Steve Powers
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have a team account. I added another coworker as non licensed user and gave them editing and sharing privileges to a sheet.  I then created a roll up sheet which narrows the main sheet down to things assigned only to them. I shared the roll up as well with the same privileges. The coworker can't edit the cells (specifically a tick box to mark this as completed) or add comments or attachments to a row in either the main sheet or the roll up. They are supposed to be able to with editing privileges set correctly.  Any advise on why this isn't working????

Comments

• Hi Steve,

Is your roll up a report, as opposed to a sheet? If they're unable to edit cells in the roll-up and it's a report, it might be shared to them with Viewer permissions—OR—the cell could contain a formula, which can't be edited from a report.

If that's not the case, the columns in the source sheet or the roll up could be locked, meaning only an Admin can add data to the cells. 

Also, make sure they're signing in to the correct account with the email address that you shared to the items, they might be using a different email. They can double-check this by checking the lower-left corner of the Smartsheet window. 

Otherwise, try removing them from sharing and then sharing them back to the items with Editor permissions.

If the above doesn't work, contact our Support team to troubleshoot further.

This discussion has been closed.