Dashboard Formatting, Displaying Data, and Cell Linking

I am stumped by formatting in the Dashboard. The first pic is how I would like to display the development schedule on the dashboard. It is very clean in comparison to the only way I have found in SS (2nd pic).

Any suggestions on how I can get the better display on Dashboard? I would love for the data to be in SS so the dev schedule would update with cell linking. However I cant seem to build this exact formatting out in a SS sheet, silly merged cell problems. Or is there anyway to link SS cells to google sheets or excel?

Answers

• Alpha Chucky
    Alpha Chucky ✭✭✭✭

Hi Nicol;

For something like this, I usually create a report that is displayed on the Dashboard. You can display as little or as much of the report as you require. There is a lot of control. Let us know if you require more instruction.

Thanks

Michael

Projects Delivered. Data Defended.

• Thank you for your suggestion. Silly to have to build a sheet and then a report in order to display the data like this:

Is there any control over removing the column headers? Otherwise this is too messy looking still.

I have heard through the grape vine that that there is possibility to cell link out to Excel or Google Sheets. If that is possible, any thoughts as to how?

Happy Friday!

N🐾

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can adjust your metrics widgets and use title bars as needed.

A title bar for the 2024 then 6 individual metrics widgets sized, formatted, and placed as needed.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com