Replace latest row with data from another sheet

Options
Titania Suwarto
edited 10/16/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

I am trying to do the automation for replace latest row value from another sheet. So, I have a consolidation sheet and a reference sheet. Due do 2 of the projects submission are a week after the draft report review, I need to replace the latest row (not adding new row) with the most up to date data from the reference sheet automatically, is there a way to do it? The move and copy rows automation will only add into new row of your sheet destination.

The other scenario is to move the latest row in the consolidate sheet to new reference sheet and I make another 'copy rows' automation which is triggered by date from original reference sheet.

Thanks,

titania

Tags:

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

You could use a function to collect the latest value from a sheet, but there would need to be a unique identifier on both sheets to match the rows. (it is also useful for the sheet that contains multiple entries, where you are taking the latest value from) has a couple of helper columns to create row numbers.

Feel free to reach out, if you'd like more help with this. My email address is in my profile.

Kind regards

Debbie

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!